Kochia Flower Seeds for Home and Balcony Gardening with Free 100 Gm Agropeat (Plant Growth Booster) washed and treated Peat provides complete nutritional supplement By Kraft Seeds
Kochia is widely grown as an ornamental annual and as a forage crop by farmers in the southwestern United States. Highly drought tolerant, it will usually grow well where nothing else thrives. It has been referred to as the “poor man’s alfalfa” because it grows with very little care, expense or maintenance. It is highly resistant to most diseases and insect pests, so rarely needs applications of costly insecticides or fungicides.
Starting Kochia Seeds:
The seeds of the kochia require no special treatment prior to planting. They are tough seeds with a rough triangular appearance. Left to its own devices, the plant naturally spreads its seeds each year when the plant dries, breaks away from its root system and the wind carries it like a tumbleweed across the expanses. As the plant is carried across the ground via the wind, the flat, grayish-black seeds are strewn across the soil’s surface and readily take hold in the dirt to germinate the following spring.
Planting Kochia Seeds:
In the spring, the field where the kochia seeds will be planted should be prepared. The soil should be plowed or disked so that all weeds are removed. An application of nitrogen should be tilled into the soil at a rate of 50 to 100 pounds per acre. Kochia seeds can be broadcast across the field at a ratio of one to four pounds per acre. The seeds can also be planted via the drilling method. Create 36 inch rows across the acre. Plant 1 pound of seed in the row using a standard drill at a depth of 1/4 of an inch below the soil’s surface. Avoid planting the kochia seeds too deep. When planted below 3/4 of an inch of soil the seeds will often not emerge at all or the growth rate is poor.
Thinning Kochia Plants:
Once the seeds have emerged from the soil, its advisable that the plants be thinned to promote vigorous plant growth. Ideally the seedlings should be thinned to two to ten plants for every square foot of ground.
Weed Control in Kochia Fields:
Kochia plants do not compete well against weeds and grasses. The field where kochia is grown should be kept relatively weed free for optimum growth of kochia plants.
Sometimes ranchers allow cattle to graze naturally on a kochia field, but in other circumstances the kochia plants will need to be harvested before they produce seed. Harvest should take place when the plants stand 18 to 26 inches in height. Cutting the tops off the kochia plants to harvest will allow three or four harvests per season. At the end of the growing season, before winter sets in, farmers often allow the kochia to produce seeds and harvest the seeds using a combine.
Number of Burning Bush Kochia seeds: 100
Germination Rate: Min 70.00%
Type of seed : Hybrid
Sunlight : Full
Life-cycle : Annual
EASY 2 SOW / EASY 2 GROW
Having Difficulty in sowing / Germination / Growing seeds, who else can be the better guide to you for Gardening than the seeds man themselves here at Kraft Seeds
STEPS TO SOW TILL GROW :
Steps : SEED – SOIL – SOW – WATER- CARE – GROW
1) Seed - Open the Kraft Seeds packets on a blank white sheet of paper, so that while opening the packet if the seeds fall (seeds being very small and tiny) you are able to save them on that sheet – Collect and then ready for sowing.
2) Soil – a very important part of sowing- Take Agropeat / Cocopeat (Agropeat / Cocopeat) and mix it in water and keep it overnight. (Ratio of Agropeat to water – 1kg of Agropeat to 5 litre of water) Use that mixture to mix it with soil (Ratio of Agropeat mixture to Soil – 80:20) Agropeat helps in the germination of seeds a lot.
3) Sow - Take a seed Tray (A seed tray available of various holes sizes), fill the above mixture in all the holes of the seed tray, and then Sow 2-3 seeds in each hole (.5 or 1 inch deep in the soil hole)
4) Water – Taking care while watering is very important in the first few days of sowing. For the first 10-12 days water the seed/ Soil only through a garden Water sprayer / sprinkler (nozzle of water sprayer set to sprinkle) as hush of water will break or flush the seed.
5) Care – Keep an eye on the soil and seedling growing, if it by any chance it gets attack by intruders (Weed / Pest / Ants) keep your ammunitions ready, recommend Organic Pest Nil, Organic Ant Kill to protect your plant.
6) Grow – Once the seedling is healthy, you may transplant it to your desired planter or Garden and yes remember to keep giving strength to your plant by using Organic Biofit Organic Enzyme for Roots, Organic Manure.
- Dispatched with in one Working Day.
- Order Above Rs 499/- Free Delivery
- Order Below Rs 499/- Shipping Rs. 75 Added.
- Delivery in India Only.