Brachyscome Mix Flower Seeds for Home and Balcony Gardening with Free 100 Gm Agropeat (Plant Growth Booster) washed and treated Peat provides complete nutritional supplement By Kraft Seeds
Brachycome iberidifolia, or Swan River Daisy, is a care-free annual that forms clouds of soft colour. The dainty, star-like blooms sit on top of mounds of feathery foliage
Dozens of beautiful, dainty, 2.5cm (1in) flowers appear all at one time, most often in light hues, each with a yellow centre rimmed in white.
It is one of the most profuse and long-flowering annuals, each plant often producing well over 100 blue to purple flowers. Flowers bloom until late autumn; it flowers so heavily that the foliage is often obscured.
The cheerful little pinwheels form at the ends of the stalks and are held above pale green, feathery foliage.
The plant is a pretty companion verbena and coreopsis. The feathery foliage forms an interesting contrast when used with broad leaf plants such as morning glory. Its tidy, mounding growth habit is welcome toward the front of the border or as an edging.
Brachycome is a good choice for filling in around tall, leggy plants and carpeting bare spots. In a container or window box, brachycome sends its short, sprawling stems cascading over the rim and showering flowers over the sides.
They are especially effective as mass plantings, draping over retaining walls, in pots, hanging baskets and as borders. With minimal care this species is a prolific flowerer and is a beautiful addition to any garden.
Sowing: Sow in late winter to spring at 18 to 21°C (65-70°F)
Sow indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost date, or sow directly where they are to flower once the soil has warmed. For a continuous show, you may wish to plant stagger the sowing dates.
Sow seed on the surface of lightly firmed, moist seed compost in pots or trays. Lightly cover seed with a sprinkling of compost or vermiculite. Do not exclude light as this helps germination. Keep the surface of the compost moist but not waterlogged. Seal in a polythene bag or place in a propagator or warm place, and keep at a temperature of between 18 to 21°C (65-70°F).Germination usually takes 14 to 21 days.
When seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant and grow on in cooler conditions. Pinch out growing tips to encourage a bushy habit.Gradually acclimatise to outdoor conditions for 10 to 15 days before planting out after all risk of frost, 23 to 30cm (9 to 12in) apart in full sun in ordinary well drained soil.
For summer flowering pot plants, baskets and containers transplant the seedlings into 7.5cm (3in) pots, grow cool, well ventilated and water freely, plant up the baskets in May and harden off well before hanging outside.
The seed may also be direct sown in April to May where the plants are to flower, but in this case flowering will start later. Sow thinly, 6mm (¼in) deep in small clumps or shallow drills. Sow 30cm (12in) apart in well-cultivated soil which has been raked to a fine tilth. Water ground regularly, especially in dry periods.
When large enough to handle, thin out seedlings until they are finally 23 to 30cm (9 to 12in) apart in spring. Pinch out growing tips to encourage a bushy habit. Outside sowings should be gradually thinned to the same spacings when the seedlings are large enough to handle.
The main requirements for success with Brachycome are full sun and good drainage, although they will stand some dappled shade. Poor or sandy soils do not inhibit a showy display; the species is hardy and adaptable. Keep plants well watered, particularly in summer. They can be trimmed after a flush of flowers to keep more flowers coming.
Path edging, beds or groundcover. Walls, containers & hanging baskets.
EASY 2 SOW / EASY 2 GROW
Having Difficulty in sowing / Germination / Growing seeds, who else can be the better guide to you for Gardening than the seeds man themselves here at Kraft Seeds
STEPS TO SOW TILL GROW :
Steps : SEED – SOIL – SOW – WATER- CARE – GROW
1) Seed - Open the Kraft Seeds packets on a blank white sheet of paper, so that while opening the packet if the seeds fall (seeds being very small and tiny) you are able to save them on that sheet – Collect and then ready for sowing.
2) Soil – a very important part of sowing- Take Agropeat / Cocopeat (Agropeat / Cocopeat) and mix it in water and keep it overnight. (Ratio of Agropeat to water – 1kg of Agropeat to 5 litre of water) Use that mixture to mix it with soil (Ratio of Agropeat mixture to Soil – 80:20) Agropeat helps in the germination of seeds a lot.
3) Sow - Take a seed Tray (A seed tray available of various holes sizes), fill the above mixture in all the holes of the seed tray, and then Sow 2-3 seeds in each hole (.5 or 1 inch deep in the soil hole)
4) Water – Taking care while watering is very important in the first few days of sowing. For the first 10-12 days water the seed/ Soil only through a garden Water sprayer / sprinkler (nozzle of water sprayer set to sprinkle) as hush of water will break or flush the seed.
5) Care – Keep an eye on the soil and seedling growing, if it by any chance it gets attack by intruders (Weed / Pest / Ants) keep your ammunitions ready, recommend Organic Pest Nil, Organic Ant Kill to protect your plant.
6) Grow – Once the seedling is healthy, you may transplant it to your desired planter or Garden and yes remember to keep giving strength to your plant by using Organic Biofit Organic Enzyme for Roots, Organic Manure.
- Dispatched with in one Working Day.
- Order Above Rs 499/- Free Delivery
- Order Below Rs 499/- Shipping Rs. 75 Added.
- Delivery in India Only.